Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Casablanca

This week I watched Casablanca.  I love old black and white movies.  Everything seems more romantic, more dramatic, more elegant.


What I learned:


1) I want Ingrid Bergman's waistline.    

She's long and lean, but she still has a defined waist, which is unusual (and admittedly might have been accomplished through a girdle and cinching).
2) Women should wear suits outside the office.  

What about a lovely dinner suit?

Love the sharp shoulders on this garment.
3) Everyone looks taller in black and white.  Humphrey Bogart was only 5'8" but he looks like a giant in this movie.

4) People should still drink champagne from those old squat glasses.


I love all things old, but old movies especially make me nostalgic and dreamy.  Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. I must say, dahling, you simply MUST watch Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. Makes a gal want to pour herself a tall stiff one while immersed in the memory of a cool breeze on a sultry summer night, rustling through her perfectly tailored little number.

    ReplyDelete