Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Maltese Falcon

This week I watched The Maltese Falcon.



I thought it was....umm....  I felt the movie lacked....eh....  Okay, in a word.  Boo.  Booooo!  This was supposed to be a caper film, but in the end, there was no treasure.  Turns out it was a caper of the heart, and Bogart's character finally finds a woman he can commit to, and she's a murderer.  And he turns her in.  But the good news is, she'll only serve 20 years of a life sentence, and he'll wait for her!  That is not a thrilling ending.

Also, can you believe how small the guns were back in the day?


 My final thoughts...Mary Astor is not the dish she's supposed to be.  Her eyebrows are drawn in and her hair is flat on one side, bouffant on the other.  WTF?



Also, Humphrey Bogart speaks like he has too many teeth in his mouth.  I find this oddly appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment