Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring pick: The Shirtdress

As the weather grows warmer, my thoughts naturally turn to the most sacred of springtime joys: my spring closet.  The first pick for spring is the shirtdress.


I have four shirtdresses: green, blue, black, grey. The shirtdress looks so put together, but it's delightfully comfortable.  The cut is flattering on everyone, and you can accessorize it in many different ways: belts, scarves, heels, flats, jewelry, etc.  Love the belt on this example below:


As with so many good things, the shirtdress came of age in the 1950s:


Apparently, these ladies below are using a bouquet of flowers and some witty hand gestures to accessorize their shirtdresses.


Finally, I leave you with a bizarre photo.  Not sure what these crabby gals are up to, but I love the flipped collar on the shirtdress of the one in the middle:

No comments:

Post a Comment