Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Adventures in Painting

Although I love my pearls and nipped-in waists, I also enjoy a solid afternoon of home repair.  This is why I took on the massive project of painting the entire first level of my house.  This level has an open living room, dining room, and partly open kitchen, and all four walls were painted a blue-white.  Now if there is one thing Mrs. W dislikes, it's cool whites.  They darken the room without adding color.  Here's a wall sample:


Now here's the color I chose to replace such a blue hue:


Lovely, isn't it? Some might even call it the color of...Cancun Sand.  Eh?  Anyhoo, the confession part of this post is that I started painting last July 4th, with every intention of finishing within several weeks.  But then I got on the top rung of the ladder, as Mr. W had told me not to, in order to reach the very high ceiling.  Predictably, I fell off.  Landed on top of the ladder, bruised and cut up my whole right side.  It was not very ladylike.  So for about six months, the main floor looked like this:


Through dinner parties, and hosting Christmas, the first floor was half-done.  Thankfully, Easter is a time of resurrection (and help from in-laws), so the rest of the floor is now painted and matches.  Glory be.

1 comment: