Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bundt cake

This past week I had a coffee date at my home with another lady.  The same day, Mr. W was due home back from a business trip.  Mr. W's favorite dessert that I make is my grandma's Almond Chocolate Chip Bundt cake, thus I made the cake for his return, and to serve to my friend, Mrs. B.


Mrs. B has given up chocolate for lent, but chocolate chips aren't really chocolate, right?  I'm sure Jesus understands such distinctions.  

Regretfully, the bundt cake did not exactly bake.  


It wasn't raw, it was more...rare.  The problem is the almond filling which is so moist and dense; it just doesn't cook properly if you don't add enough milk to the batter.  Which I didn't.  Boo-hoo.


No worries, both Mrs. B and Mr. W and I all enjoyed the cake in small cups, with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment